Skip to main content

And just like that . . . 2022 is a Wrap!



It's been a busy 2022 for me & Bev Tabet Photography!


January was spent watching the Celtics, photographing my food 😂and frozen bubbles and attending the NHSPA Photography Show at the Exeter Town Hall Gallery.


February was low key with more Celtics games, day knitting and Alpha Xi Sista ZOOMs.


I did manage to get out of Dodge in March with a few days in Hull with my Alpha Xi roomie as we took the spectator boat for the Hull Snow Row. Got some great photos including some of rowers from the New Bedford Area. That was followed by a 5-day visit to Ocean Point, Maine with Joan Libby. Both are always a fun time! 




I took a little solo 68th birthday trip in April to Sheepscot Harbour Village in Edgecomb, Maine and got to go to my favorite Pemaquid Lighthouse and also Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse for some stormy images. I also got a taste of Spring at the Cider Hill Farm Tulip Fest in Amesbury, MA.




 

In May I returned to Cider Hill Farm for pick-your-own tulips, photographed a local wedding for Laurie & Ken at the First Congregational Church in Hampton, followed by a beautiful reception at the Victoria Inn B&B.  Switching gears, I did a first birthday photo session for a 1-year old French bulldog, Babette and then Cooper’s 9 month old photos at the Seabrook Dunes! Fuller Gardens opened in May and reignited my flower photography obsession through October.

 



June  took me to Cape Cod for Caity & Nate’s beautiful wedding at Coonamessett Farm in Falmouth, MA. Nate is the son of my dear high school friends, Denise & Frank Almeida and Caity is from Culver City, CA where I taught before moving back east!  I went down a day early and stayed at Daniel Webster Inn in Sandwich and took some photos in the area. Saturday & Sunday I stayed at Palmer House Inn and photographed the rehearsal dinner at the Coonamessett Inn as well as the wedding. We took pre-ceremony photos at the Inn and down the street in the gardens at Falmouth Museums on the Green. . . . and the wedding was fabulous!


 



My 50th Fairhaven High School Reunion Weekend was the highlight at the end of the month❗ I went down on Thursday (linguica pizza with Sandy & Jeff Linberg) and stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott on the New Bedford waterfront for 4 nights. I always said I would stay there sometime and take sunrise photos . . . and that’s exactly what I did! On Friday, we had the flag raising at FHS and I took group photos for the Class of ‘70, ‘71 & ‘72. Then we had pizza at West Island as we caught up with classmates. Saturday morning there were tours of the high school and the annual Homecoming Fair in the center of town. Saturday night about 100 people attended the dinner dance at the Marriott. The community breakfast was on Sunday morning and the FHS Hall of Fame dinner was Sunday night. It truly was a fabulous weekend.  I thought to myself, “Could I move back here?”  More on that later!





In July I photographed Kristin & Stephen’s wedding at York Harbor Inn with some great photos at Nubble Lighthouse.  At the end of the month, I taught a FUN Cell Phone Photography class in my new studio at Lane House Arts Center. I also photographed the Cathy Cray Memorial 5K in Amherst benefitting the White Ribbon Project for Lung Cancer
Awareness.

  











August  brought Tess & Dave to NH from upstate NY and we attended Sail Portsmouth and even took a sunset sail on the Lynx. We also went to Coppal House farm to photograph their sunflowers.  I was also asked to judge the resident art exhibit at Riverwoods in Exeter. I photographed some Senior photos at Fuller Gardens and Plaice Cove and Amanda knocked it out of the park!  





September  was time for Senior photos at Great Island Common in Newcastle, NH and I took photos for the dedication of the Helen Burnham Little Library at Lincoln Street School in Exeter.  We also got (unofficial) notice that the apartment complex was going to be converted to condos and that’s when I decided to get serious about relocating back to my beautiful, historical coastal hometown of Fairhaven, MA.. Mr. Coopie turned one in August and we had a fun cake smash 1st birthday session with his great grandparents in attendance. 





In October I photographed a family of 18 people in Hampton Falls by the waterfall, Chapel and river and did some new headshots for an Alpha Xi sister who hadn’t updated hers in 30 or so years.  I got some applications for 62+ properties in Fairhaven and Marion and will get really serious about searching in the Spring.  My mom always joked that I had Gypsy Blood in me and this Gypsy gal is always up for a new adventure, especially when it’s back “home!” It’s close to Cape Cod & the Islands, Rhode Island (Wicked Tulip Flower Farm) and still only an hour south of Boston.  Amtrak and the MBTA commuter rail are both expanding service to New Bedford in the next year or so and that is GREAT news. No moss grows under my feet! 


In  November I even got up to photograph a couple of sunrises before Daylight Savings time ended! I was one of five Lane House Arts Center artists who displayed our artwork at the Lane Memorial Library for the month. I started planning my Christmas Mini sessions and ordered some fun backdrops. I set up my first backdrop for Christmas mini sessions  and had  four sessions booked for the Retro Windows with Christmas Tree background. The Pine Bough background (that I used  as a regular background and as a headboard) was a B I G hit! I had 9 sessions booked for that background. I also did a wonderful, heartwarming cousin session at Long Sands Beach in York and an extended family Christmas session at a family’s home. WE got (official??) notice of the complex going through a condo conversion. I spent Thanksgiving with Joanie Cray Greenan and her family and even came home with leftovers!


 





 



















 


















 









 



December is here, all of my photo editing is done, and I’ve started decorating for Christmas. I gave up my studio in order to save some money for my impending move, but I will continue with my photography here in NH and when I relocate. Just a little public service announcement for all my high school friends who need photos of their grandchildren!  Now I can get back to cleaning out, purging, reorganizing and planning for 2023!


All this plus online camera club meetings and other virtual photo workshops, Retirement TFAL lunches, breakfast or lunch with friends, regular day knitting, Alpha Xi Delta weekly ZOOMs, Seacoast Camera Club Meetings & Competitions, and Celtics games made for a fun year.  I’ve been blessed with good health & happiness and am looking forward to seeing what is on the horizon in the coming year!


Cheers to 2023! May you and your families receive an 
abundance of blessings for a wonderful year! 
. . . from my ❤️!
Bev






 

Comments

  1. I always thought right from the beginning of knowing you how truly amazing you were and continue to be. How lucky i was that you were in my life many times at school, lunch etc. It is my hope that you will continue to treasure the seacoast area where your love now remains. I will continue to always remember a woman who did, and shared so much of her beautiful self. Marie Comperchio

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sneak Peek for Kristin & Stephen “Tie the Knot❣️“

 Each wedding is unique. Even though we basically start with close to the same photo list there are always individual requests that are special to each couple. I try to bring out the essence & individuality of each couple for their special day❣️ Here is the Sneak Peek for Kristin & Stephen's beautiful wedding day! They'd never been to York so when I said we needed photos at Nubble, Kristin said, "If we have time!"  Ummmmm, NO! We need to make time . . . and we're glad we did!    My 3rd wedding in 3 months and final one of 2022 for me!  Two hearts, one from New Hampshire and one from Newfoundland, were united in a small, intimate ceremony surrounded by close family members & lots of love at York Harbor Inn in York, Maine when Kristin and Stephen literally “tied the fisherman’s double knot❣️” on July 6, 2022. Read the story of tying the Fisherman's Knot. https://www.weddingpreacherforhire.com/2015/04/the-fisherman-knot.html Second wedding I’ve done w

Daley Family Sneak Peek

 I haven’t been out shooting on location in a while, but on July 8th I got to photograph the Daley family with their precious, almost 9 month old, Little Miss O❣️She’s an early bird so we met at Seabrook Dunes & Beach at 7:30 AM. Thanks to Mimi Leigh for gifting them with a family photo session for Christmas. I had so much fun photographing them! Now to work my way through editing 250 images. 🥰 Photographing families & children is one of my all time favorite things to do❣️ Loving the beach! Such a sweet family! ❤️❤️❤️ 💗💗💗 So proud to be standing up getting ready to walk. Beach baby❣️ ‘til she started eating sand! 🥰