Skip to main content

Day #8, Mon. 7/9

Well I am bound to have one of this days!

My friend Eric, who owns and runs 'Evolution 180' in L.A., is a lean, mean (and I mean that in the nicest way) machine. I have to say that he is THE BEST personal trainer I have ever met!  He practices what he preaches. He eats clean for 5 days, fasts for a day and then eats whatever he wants for a day.  So I would have to say that Day #8 was my "eat what I want kind of day."

But getting back to Eric. . .
Back in February 2011 he came to Boston for the Celtics-Lakers game.  Eric had never been to the Right Coast and it just happened that we were having one of our coldest, snowiest winters EVAH!  He arrived on the red eye and came up to NH to catch a few hours of sleep before I dragged him around Boston. The snow piles in our yard were over his head and his comment was, "Do people live here voluntarily?"


I gave him the full Boston experience. We drove to Sullivan Square and took The T into Boston. We went to The Fours for a bite to eat. He had free range chicken and then I told him he just HAD to see the Boston Common. So we walked to Faneuil Hall, Government Center and over to the Common. with the frigid wind was blowing in our faces. Being Eric's "eat anything" day he wanted a Dunkin Donut. He got his buttermilk donut near The Common and as we walked around the Common as he asked "Is there grass under this 3 feet of snow?"  He finished his donut and told me that was the biggest waste of fat and calories "because his mouth was frozen and he couldn't even taste it!" We went to Hurricane O'Reilly's and he had a burger and then I even think he had popcorn the game. He even got to see Danny Ainge being interviewed by Cedric Maxwell. Then he was done and was Back on Track with his healthy eating regiment!  He got to see Ray Allen break Reggie Miller's 3 point record and he went home a happy man as the Lakers beat my Celtics! :-(  In spite of my loss, I did have some good laughs that day!


La morale de l'histoire est: 
Even if you fall off your healthy routine, you can always hop back on.  Don't make it so hard that you can't succeed. Make little changes and add to them as it gets easier.  Fit in a day to eat what you really love like I did.  Sausage sandwich, ice cream, Pepsi, - get it out of your system and then hop back onboard!  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneak Peek for Kristin & Stephen “Tie the Knot❣️“

 Each wedding is unique. Even though we basically start with close to the same photo list there are always individual requests that are special to each couple. I try to bring out the essence & individuality of each couple for their special day❣️ Here is the Sneak Peek for Kristin & Stephen's beautiful wedding day! They'd never been to York so when I said we needed photos at Nubble, Kristin said, "If we have time!"  Ummmmm, NO! We need to make time . . . and we're glad we did!    My 3rd wedding in 3 months and final one of 2022 for me!  Two hearts, one from New Hampshire and one from Newfoundland, were united in a small, intimate ceremony surrounded by close family members & lots of love at York Harbor Inn in York, Maine when Kristin and Stephen literally “tied the fisherman’s double knot❣️” on July 6, 2022. Read the story of tying the Fisherman's Knot. https://www.weddingpreacherforhire.com/2015/04/the-fisherman-knot.html Second wedding I’ve done w

Daley Family Sneak Peek

 I haven’t been out shooting on location in a while, but on July 8th I got to photograph the Daley family with their precious, almost 9 month old, Little Miss O❣️She’s an early bird so we met at Seabrook Dunes & Beach at 7:30 AM. Thanks to Mimi Leigh for gifting them with a family photo session for Christmas. I had so much fun photographing them! Now to work my way through editing 250 images. 🥰 Photographing families & children is one of my all time favorite things to do❣️ Loving the beach! Such a sweet family! ❤️❤️❤️ 💗💗💗 So proud to be standing up getting ready to walk. Beach baby❣️ ‘til she started eating sand! 🥰

Birthday Blog

On April 19, 2022 a t 2:35 pm, the exact time of my birth 68 years later, I was at my very favorite place, Pemaquid Lighthouse! It worked out perfectly; I had planned on photographing sunrise, but it was raining so I went later in the day.  THIS is 68! I left on my solo secret birthday road trip on Monday April 18th. I made a pit stop at the Yarmouth Information Center to pick up some brochures. A guy in the parking lot saw my CELTS-6 license plate and Celtics hat and started talking about how great Sunday’s game was! :-) Once a year, I always like to go somewhere I haven’t been before. I took a side trip to Land’s End on Bailey Island. Just sorry I never made it there before my friend, Dan Millar, passed away. I want to go back for photos of The Giant Stairs, Lookout Point, Cribstone Bridge and the little lobster shack in Mackerel Cove when it’s a little warmer.  When I lived in Maine I would go to Tortola in April. Now I go from NH to Maine!  LoL     I arrived at Sheepscot Harbour Vi